Experienced PPP Legal Expert required to join the BOT Project Unit of an International Government Ministry in Mauritius on a 24-month fixed-term contract basis (full-time).
This is an exciting opportunity for a PPP Legal Expert looking to shape the trajectory of Mauritius’ capital projects while overseeing and orchestrating a total of 29 ongoing BOT/PPP Projects. There is a potential for this role to expand into a fee-earning position, providing a range of PPP and transaction services to clients.
The successful candidate will be stationed full-time at the BOT Projects Unit, actively contributing their expertise to the intricate processes that drive each BOT/PPP Project toward successful fruition. The expert's contributions will play a pivotal role in elevating the standards of project execution within the realm of Build Operate Transfer and Public-Private Partnerships.
- Draft Request for Qualification (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) for recruitment of Transaction Advisor (TA) and/or Private Parties.
- Participate in Bid Evaluation committees for Recruitment of TA and/or Private Parties.
- Draft and finalise TA and/or Private Parties’ Agreements.
- Participate in negotiation with TA and/or Private Parties.
- Provide inputs for legal due diligence of projects.
- Vet all documents prepared by TA.
- Advise the BOT Projects Unit on all Legal matters.
- Draft amendments to the BOT and PPP Acts.
- Draft BOT and PPP Regulations.
- Assist the Unit in formulating policies, including drafting directives, circulars, procedures, and guidelines on BOT and PPP projects.
- Update the BOT Guidance Manual to align with the amended BOT and PPP Acts; and
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Officer in Charge of the BOT Projects Unit
- Minimum Qualification: a Degree in Law;
- Minimum 8 years post qualification general experience in Legal related works;
- The Legal Expert should have specific experience in drafting documents for at least 2 PPP/BOT projects.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org