AP3 Capital is a specialist professional services and portfolio management firm that delivers a range of Business Assurance Services, Transaction Advisory Services, Policy & Research, and Investment Portfolio Management services.
We take a client-centred approach to the delivery of professional services to public and private sector clients, and development finance institutions. Following a period of dynamic change and growth, we are looking for an experienced project manager/operations management professional to support our commitment to building on recent successes, by shaping and optimising our operational strategy and delivery processes to enable us to continue to compete and win against leading firms in the sectors and markets we are active in.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a globally-minded individual who is committed to developing a senior-level career in the professional services industry; with entrepreneurial, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills. S/he will have a winning mindset that will enable he or her to contribute to the development of the firm, build a client-centric orientation across our multi-disciplinary teams while providing best-in-class guidance to AP3 teams and our portfolio companies. This position has the potential to grow into a COO role within the firm or an equivalent role in one of our portfolio companies.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO as Executive Assistant/Operations Manager to shape our operational strategy and provide tactical support that ensures our delivery teams and portfolio companies operate effectively and are positioned to achieve their objectives.
Executive Assistant to The CEO
- Work with the CEO to develop and implement the operations strategy and create an environment that promotes staff commitment to the achievement of the organisation’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organisation, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists and making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the management team on behalf of the CEO.
- Manage all aspects of the organisation’s admin services (i.e. HR, IT, In-House legal).
- Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for operational excellence, improved workflow and anticipate future needs as the organisation grows.
- Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for the operation of the organisation.
- Manage information systems operations, including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning. Supervise IT consultants. Prepare budget recommendations.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organisation.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors and Advisory Board. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritise and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect CEO’s style and organisation policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate the CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Manage information systems operations, including hardware, software, desktop support, internal telecommunications, and strategic systems development and planning (including supervision of IT consultants/vendors).
- Prepare budget recommendations.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors and Advisory Board.
- Other projects/duties as may be assigned for the overall benefit of the organisation.
Organisational and Business Development
- Support the development and implementation of strategic plans to achieve the goals of the firm, ensuring alignment with the overall vision and mission of the company.
- Work with service leads to proactively develop and execute business development strategies, to grow revenue and achieve targeted results.
- Build and maintain relationships with associate partner firms, key agencies and clients that act as introducers or sources of routine opportunities and consultancy assignments.
- Help develop and implement organization-wide HR and Talent Management policies, systems and processes, including actively supporting recruitment, onboarding, training and development of our people.
- Actively engage with our Expert database to develop proposals, produce insight reports and explore opportunities that match our competencies and capabilities.
- Operational responsibility for business development activities which contribute towards revenue growth and a key champion for excellent client service delivery across the firm.
- Produce high-quality market engagement and marketing materials for print, website and social media use.
- Organise market engagement events and moments that build and leverage brand value
- Promote a learning culture, sales orientation, and excellent client service delivery across the company, supporting and educating staff on best practice and techniques to increase the effectiveness of business development activities.
- Degree qualification in a relevant field. Postgraduate and professional certifications are an advantage.
- International exposure/global outlook, balanced with a pragmatic understanding of the African business and economic environment.
- 5 – 7+ years in the professional services industry; experience in sales, bid and proposal development an added advantage.
- Strong ability to build and grow an opportunity pipeline.
- Proven ability to establish and build client relationships and engage and grow a network of stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in the use of relevant document processing software for documents, presentations, marketing, research and analysis. Experience of web-design, digital or other social media skills; an advantage.
- Strong business acumen with excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong project and people management experience. Professional certifications an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Possess the ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
- The right approach and experience to really support our ambition of being a world-class professional services firm.
- Enthusiastic and able to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with complex matters.
- Strong time-management skills and an ability to organize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects.
- Reliable, positive, solution-oriented, flexible approach to working.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A personable team player who is also able to work independently and on their own initiative.
- High attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Self-starter who drives individual projects and takes ownership of outcomes.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
Competitive base salary dependent on experience; plus, performance related pay, training and mentoring package, and other employee benefits.
Are you a match for this role, or do you know someone who is? Then, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a brief covering email explaining how you meet the criteria above and what you might be able to bring to the role.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail to ensure that it is reviewed. We will recruit on an ongoing basis so early applications are advised.