Department: Business Development
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Closing Date: 15 July 2022
At AP3 Capital & Advisory Services, we take a client-centred approach to the delivery of professional services to private and public sector clients, and development finance institutions.
We are a leading firm of professional advisors committed to building on recent successes, continuing to compete and win against leading firms in the sectors and markets we’re active in.
We are looking for an individual with a winning mindset who sees themselves as a leader committed to developing a career in the professional services industry, globally-minded with the entrepreneurial, leadership, and problem-solving skills that will enable them to contribute to the development of our firm, build a sales orientation across our multi-disciplinary teams, and rise to the very top of our organisation.
As the Business Development Executive, you’ll be based in Lagos, working across all of our service lines, which include transaction advisory services, tax and compliance services, human resources management, and venture capital and support services. You will get to play an active role in creating the opportunity to build a career that matches your ambition.
This is a hands-on role, where you’ll have the responsibility to use your winning mindset and proven networking and business development skills to drive new business, build revenue growth, and develop client relationships by working with different teams to create and execute go-to-market business development and marketing strategies.
In return, you’ll join a firm that is committed to the growth and development of its people, earn a competitive base salary, with earning potential that matches your ambitions and results.
Key responsibilities include
- Operational responsibility for business development activities which contribute towards revenue growth, as well as a key champion for client service delivery excellence across the firm.
- Work with service leads to proactively develop and execute business development strategy, to grow revenues and achieve targeted results.
- Build and maintain relationships with associate partner firms, key agencies and clients that act as introducers or sources of routine opportunities and consultancy assignments
- Conduct research and market engagement to generate and actively manage an opportunity pipeline; lead all aspects of bid development – coordinating the development of proposals to win new business and clients.
- Actively engage with our Expert database to develop proposals, produce insight reports and explore opportunities that match our competencies and capabilities.
- Produce high-quality market engagement and marketing materials for print, website and social media use.
- Organise market engagement events and moments that build and leverage brand value
- Promote a sales orientation and excellent client service delivery across the company, supporting and educating staff on best practice and techniques to increase the effectiveness of business development activities.
What we look for
Results driven leader, dynamic problem-solver, network builder, highly motivated individual, who can get stuck in, to get the job done with minimal oversight, whilst using their judgement and professional acumen to prioritise shifting priorities and workloads to manage multiple tasks at once. An effective communicator, who’s a confident and approachable team player, with strong people management skills and a genuine interest in building their career within the professional services industry.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Relevant degree from reputable university. International degree and training an advantage.
- International exposure/global outlook, balanced with an understanding of the African business and economic environment.
- 5 – 7+ years in the professional services industry; experience of sales, bid and proposal development an added advantage.
- Strong ability to build and grow an opportunity pipeline
- Proven ability to establish and build client relationships, and engage and grow a network of stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in the use of relevant document processing and management software for documents, presentations, marketing, research and analysis. Experience of web-design, digital or other social media skills; an advantage.
- Strong business acumen with excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong project and people management experience.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
What we offer
Competitive base salary dependent on experience. Plus performance related pay, training and mentoring package, and other employee benefits.
How to apply
Are you a match for this role or know someone who is? Then please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a brief covering email explaining how you meet the criteria above and what you might be able to bring to the role.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail to ensure that it is reviewed. We will recruit on an ongoing basis so early applications are advised.