Africa PPP Advisory Services and TetraTech International Development (formerly WYG International) is delivering the FCDO-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a £72.8m technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria's most impoverished people by enhancing the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
The UKNIAF programme is active across the Power sector and Infrastructure Finance. Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, selected state governments and the wider international community, aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
UKNIAF's Infrastructure Finance Component is working with a wide range of Federal, subnational and donor stakeholders to transform the way GoN plans, prioritises and finances climate-smart inclusive infrastructure projects and committed to developing a number of climate smart PPP/PF demonstration projects progressing through UKNIAF-supported PDF stages.
This assignment supports the delivery of the 2023 milestone targets for output indicator 3.1 - Project Delivery Framework, which contains development of the PPP project pipeline, preparation of Project Concept Notes and Outline Business Cases.
KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER & CAPACITY BUILDING
The sustainability of the process and capacity enhancements proposed in this Task Order relies upon effective engagement, knowledge transfer and institutional and human capacity development of key officers within the public sector MDAs screened and selected for UKNIAF support.
All consultants deployed on this assignment will be required to work alongside key officers in selected MDA Project Teams. In effect, UKNIAF Consultants will work collaboratively with the counterpart's Project Development Team, so as to ensure that specific knowledge management processes, tools and templates – including guidance manuals are developed to guide practice, capture lessons learned, and ensure institutional memory is codified, retained and available to support new members of the Project Development Team as the project evolves. This can take the form of position papers, guidance manuals, After Action Reviews, and structured webinars, knowledge sharing and
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – Green Building and Infrastructure Technical Specialist
This is a fixed term role, as part of the overall UKNIAF Infrastructure Finance Component team to deliver 2023 output targets. The Green Building and Infrastructure Technical Specialist will work as part of a Technical Advisory Panel for the development and review of Concept Notes, Outline Business Case, and Transaction Support as the case may be of the Infrastructure Finance Component.
Specifically, the post holder will be responsible for:
|KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI's)
Contribute to the following:
Summary of person profile:
- First degree in architecture, engineering, urban planning or related fields
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in infrastructure planning and development
- Experience in green and renewable infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in green building rating compliance and documentation process
- Experience in preparing feasibility studies and business cases for infrastructure projects.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to perform other functions as directed.
- Proven written and presentation skills in a range of formats (briefings, reports, summaries, etc.) and to a range of audiences.
- Highly numerate, with exceptional oral and writing communication skills, with demonstrable quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, and be proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and internet tools.
- Hands on approach to work, with the ability to deliver on deadlines in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment, with minimal or no supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and constructively with diverse, inter-cultural, and high impact teams in different locations.
- Commitment to contributing to the development of a healthy, collaborative, learning, productive and supportive working environment, and to operating at the highest levels of integrity and excellence
The position is based remotely.
Interested candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org on/before 18:00hours Monday October 31st, 2022.