TetraTech International Development (formerly WYG International) is delivering the FCDO-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF), a technical assistance facility which aims to improve the lives of some of Nigeria's most impoverished people by enhancing the way infrastructure is designed and delivered in the country.
The UKNIAF programme is active across the Power sector, the Federal Road network, and Infrastructure Finance. Working with the Federal Government of Nigeria, selected state governments and the wider international community, UKNIAF aims to catalyse a transformational change in livelihoods across Nigeria by unblocking obstacles to growth.
UKNIAF's Infrastructure Finance Component is committed to developing a $3 billion pipeline of bankable private sector financed projects, at least $1 billion of which will be at or close to financial close by 2023.
In its 2021 National Determined Contributions update, Nigeria made an unconditional commitment to reduce carbon emissions by 20% below business-as-usual levels by 2030, while increasing its conditional target to 47% from 45% in the 2015 NDC. This has now been entrenched in policy through the National Development Plan (2021 – 2025) and a commitment made to prioritise NDC aligned projects as part of the annual capital budget process.
Through UK PACT funding support, UKNIAF is assisting the FGN through the FMFBNP to establish a clear linkage between priorities defined in the National Development Plan (2021 – 20-25) and the annual capital budget, such that institutional capacity to mainstream the NDCs in national planning and annual budget processes
This Task Order (Project) builds on the key achievements of our previous work as it seeks to support the implementation of the Decision Support Tool in two MDAs, and supplement the climate specialist capacity within the team to enable the development and operationalization of a three-stage screening and assessment framework that assesses projects for: (a) NDC alignment; (b) The extent of mitigation and adaptive/resilient capacity using relevant sector-specific certified GHG emission methodologies and climate narratives; and (c) Prioritization (of shortlisted projects) based on a more detailed assessment of the GHG emission reductions/adaptive capacity of each shortlisted project being positioned for climate finance.
The Infrastructure Finance Component is looking to engage with the services of a Climate Fund Advisor (“CFA”) on one of its Task Orders (“TO”) – IF0014, to provide advisory support in setting up the National Climate Fund (the “Fund”) as prescribed under the Climate Change Act 2021.
Specifically, the post holder will be responsible for, or contributing towards, the following:
· Undertake exploratory work across multiple jurisdictions on probable structures for Fund under consideration and make recommendations;
· Recommend the relevant and typical transaction parties to be engaged for the Fund to include their profile, cadres, remuneration structure, roles and responsibilities, certifications, licenses and so on;
· Design and recommend the standard portfolio mix for funds of this nature and typical pipeline of projects to meet Fund criteria;
· Design Fund eligibility criteria to meet Fund’s objectives and targeted returns profile;
· Design and recommend Fund structure – GP and/or LP structure, fund of funds, investment partners’, LLC, LLP, Trust, and so on;
· Propose typical Fund size and participation interest with timelines by investors, guarantors, partners and others;
· Advise on Fund type - Debt or Private Equity style parallel Fund structure, with requisite government support or funding and financing mix;
· Design and advise on Fund investment rationale, Fund target IRR and/or returns profile in line with returns and investment criteria of the Fund, and Fund investors and partners;
· Design abridged draft Fund prospectus with relevant annexures;
· Design format of relevant Fund agreements to include investment management agreement, investment subscription agreement, advisory agreement, distribution and contribution agreement, co-investment agreement, carried interest agreement, fund management agreement, Trust deed agreement, Management fee agreement, Conflict of interest agreement, shareholders’ agreement, and so on;
· Advise on requisite Fund governance structure, and institutional arrangement for effective and efficient Fund establishment to include relevant Fund committees, Fund investment process, Advisory board composition, Fund investment committee, Board of Directors’ composition, and inter-relationships amongst the Advisory Board, Investment Committee, Board of Directors, and Fund manager;
· Advise on regulatory processes, procedures, approvals and licenses, as well as tax efficiency structure, dividends distribution structure for tax efficiency, investment policy guidelines, and other compliance and administrative matters for funds of this nature;
· Design structures to ensure objectives of Fund sponsors and promoters are met within the confines of professional parties’ obligations and expertise;
· Acting as strategist and expert in the fund technical areas and ensuring that the team is delivering the vision of setting up the Fund; and
· Any other matters, activities and deliverables as enshrined within the Task Order.
|KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI's)
· Ensure the quality of outputs and the final Milestones meet the client's requirements in a timely manner
· Contribute towards monthly and quarterly progress updates, ad-hoc reporting, and knowledge products
· Complete and submit all contributions towards each Milestone by the date specified for internal submission and review
· Ensure that all necessary evidence required for the relevant submission is secured and referenced in/with report submissions
· Engage with and contribute towards remedial action/revisions of outputs basis client feedback
· Maintain a record of all evidence of work in Progress Documents so that they may be furnished to the client upon request
· Ensure timely execution of responsibilities and outputs, as agreed in delivery plans, workplans, and team meetings
· Attend in-person and virtual meetings, when required
Note: Payment(s) will be against the Milestones completed, which are subject to client review and acceptance.
The position is remote
Interested candidates should please send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before Sunday, December 7th by 18:00 WAT